1 Your Privacy
- E-Materials (Asia) Limited ("we", "our" or "us") respects your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using and transmitting personal data and this PICS explains our privacy practices.
- Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding how your personal data will be treated. This policy may from time to time be revised.
- "personal data" means any personally identifying information or sensitive data (such as names, occupations, addresses, contact details, ID Card or Passport numbers, credit card information, your age, your marital status, your employer, your income, demographic data) from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be ascertained.
2 Purposes for which we will use your Personal Data
- Your personal data may be collected when you make a purchase or apply to be our member.
- The purposes for which we may use your personal data are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If personal data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, these personal data will not be marked as "optional" in the Members Application Form and you MUST provide your personal data to us if you want us to provide the service for which you are applying. If personal data is only to be used for a voluntary purpose, it is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to provide such information to us or not.
- Purposes for which it is obligatory for you to provide your personal data are:
- enrolment into and maintaining your membership as our member;
- communicating to you your entitlements and privileges as our member;
- notification of any amendment to the membership program;
- relationship building; and
- data cleansing and customers profile updates.
- Purposes for which it is only voluntary for you to provide your personal data are:
- to enable us better to understand the demographics of our customers;
- for internal research and analysis to enable us to provide rewards, services and product information or offerings better tailored to your needs;
- market research;
- to enable our staff to follow up;
- to distribute customer satisfaction survey;
- to send out VIP newsletters and VIP program updates; and
- direct marketing including :
- communicating to you regarding new product launch and other promotional offers;
- communicating to you regarding our promotional events, including where applicable, sales and news update;
- If at any other point of time you do not wish us to use your personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out rights by notifying us.
In cases where we do collect personal data from you, we will:
- Inform you (by way of this PICS or by a separate notification) that we are doing so and the use that we will make of such personal data we collect;
- Where relevant, Allow you the opportunity to opt out; and
- Inform you how we will store your personal data and how you can review, change and delete the personal data we have stored.
We will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but we may transfer/assign such data to the following parties:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us in connection with the processing and storage of your data;
- if we decide to sell any relevant part of our business, to any actual or proposed assignee, transferee or successor; and
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law.
- Except as mentioned in paragraph 3 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorised by us to do so. Where personal data is stored electronically, it will be password-protected (or under some equivalent form of protection) and accessible only by authorised personnel. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this PICS.
5 Your Right to Access and Correction
- You may at any time request access to and to correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. You may also ask us to delete you or your personal data from any active mailing or distribution list. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address, facsimile number or email below, marking your communication Confidential. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers. We are required to respond to your requests within 40 days, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
6 Personal Data Privacy Officer
- The person to whom (1) requests (i) for access to data or correction of data, (ii) for general information regarding our policies and practices with respect to personal data and (iii) about the kinds of personal data that we hold and (2) general questions and complaints should be addressed is as follows:
- Contact Us
Room 1006, Asia Standard Tower, 59-65 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong.
7 Retention of Data
- We will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes.
- By signing My Specificatin Form, you have indicated your understanding of and agreement to the above provisions.